Tuesday 21 January 2014

Katy Perry Talks Weed, Aliens, Her Virginity and More







Katy Perry Talks Weed, Aliens, Her 

Virginity and More

Pop star opens up in a revealing new interview

Katy Perry
Cass Bird
January 21, 2014 3:25 PM ET
Since releasing Prism this past October, Katy Perry has been consistently in the news. Maybe not at the same level as during the "I Kissed a Girl" days, but, to cite just a few instances, she irked some with her AMA performance, got career advice from Stevie Nicks and recently announced a large North American tour. And in the new issue of GQ, Perry is profiled for a cover story wherein she opens up about her thoughts on many news-worthy subjects, including sex, drugs and religion. Here are the best bits: 

On smoking pot: "I can't do that stuff. I'd be like in the corner: 'Are you trying to kill me?!'"
On geishas: "Geishas are basically, like, the masters of loving unconditionally."
On what she dreamed about when she was 11: "I lay on my back one night and looked down at my feet, and I prayed to God. I said, "God, will you please let me have boobs so big that I can't see my feet when I'm lying down?"
On how she got paid for her early performances: "I'd go to the farmers' market in Santa Barbara, and I'd put out my guitar case, and I'd test out these little ditty songs that I would write, and I would get a couple of avocados, a bit of pistachios, and, like, fifteen bucks. That was a lot of money for me." 
On Jeff Buckley's Grace, which was playing when she lost her virginity: "I love that record so much."
On the afterlife: "I do not believe God is an old guy sitting on a throne with a long beard … I don't believe in heaven and hell as a destination."
On plastic surgery: "I've never had any plastic surgery. Not a nose, a chin, not a cheek, not a tit. So my messages of self-empowerment are truly coming from an au naturel product."
On being new age-y: "I see everything from a spiritual lens. I believe in a lot of astrology. I believe in aliens." 
On how she helped Obama's re-election: "I might have won Wisconsin for him. Actually, I didn't do too much, but he called on me a couple of times. Which was very nice." 

Katy Perry Talks Barack Obama and Aliens as she Covers GQ



Katy Perry performed at Barack Obama’s re-election rally in Wisconsin in 2012, and since then the president and pop star have struck up a friendship of sorts after Obama called on her a couple of times.
“I might have won Wisconsin for him,” Perry, who covers the latest issue of GQ, told the magazine, and added that she is eagerly waiting to pop an important question to the president once their relationship reaches a comfortable stage.
And, it has nothing to do with music or politics, but about the existence of extra-terrestrial life.
"I see everything through a spiritual lens. I believe in a lot of astrology. I believe in aliens," she said, according to reports.
Interestingly, Perry’s third album “Teenage Dreams,” has a song titled “E.T,” the video of which shows Perry singing in outer space. The 29-year-old said during the time of the song’s release in 2010 that “E.T” is about falling in love with a “foreigner,” or as James Montgomery from MTV noted -- a "lover from different dimension."


"I look up into the stars and I imagine: How self-important are we to think that we are the only life-form? I mean, if my relationship with Obama gets any better, I'm going to ask him that question. It just hasn't been appropriate yet."
Perry also spoke about her childhood dreams and aspirations, telling the magazine that having a well-endowed body was on top priority when she was 11.

"I lay on my back one night and looked down at my feet, and I prayed to God. I said, ‘God, will you please let me have boobs so big that I can't see my feet when I'm lying down?’"
                 http://www.ibtimes.co.in

No comments:

Post a Comment